Sunday, January 5, 2014

Party Like A Time Lord

♥♥ If you landed here while searching for timey-wimey party ideas, don't miss the link to my friend's awesome party post full of fantastic food & more, at the end of this post :)

When my Bella asked for a Doctor Who party for her 10th birthday I was thrilled!  Too bad she didn't want the whole party to be Who themed - she wanted a sleepover with a movie, manicures, & Wii Dance - but hey, she did want Whovian decorations & a TARDIS cake, yay!

Of course I wasted no time ordering TARDIS lights from ThinkGeek, several sets in fact - and we strung a set across our front porch right away :)


Doctor Who partyware was not to be found, so Mia Bella made the invitations herself:


We also made the loot bags, with blue bags, paper, a glue stick & silver Sharpie .


We strung another set of TARDIS lights across a cabinet in the living room, and arranged the goody bags on top of it. I ♥ those lights so much!


We covered the living room ceiling with 3 dozen helium-filled balloons in TARDIS blue, silver, & gold, and I found square party plates and arranged them like TARDIS window panes on the blue dining room tablecoth - Bella thought that was super cute :) 

 

So that's was it for decor, and as I don't have permission to put the guests photos online, I'll skip the party pics and get right to the cake! It's no secret that I am neither a baker nor a cake decorator, so Bella didn't have great expectations - but I did my best, and though the icing was messy, it didn't turn out too bad...


OK so it didn't turn out too good, either, ha!  But it did taste good - and most importantly, my birthday girl Bella loved it... just look at her smile ♥  


Notice her TARDIS blue nails with sparkly white tips - freshly painted by one of her girlfriends :) They had a great time, and my girl loved her birthday party. She said she wanted to have the same theme the next year...

●  ●  ●  ●

And she did!  We made the invitations ourselves again, but this time we added text to a picture and ordered prints online from a local 1 hour photo processing. We invited her whole class of 25 kids, and they were done in 15 minutes, for less than $3 - fantastic!


Since her 11th birthday party was at the local community pool, there was no decorating allowed, but we did make some Whovian cupcakes :)

Oops, looks like I exterminated the Daleks when I cropped the photo :)

OK, so a bakery baked & frosted those cupcakes. As if I could make such a perfect swirl of frosting! But I did make the chocolate Weeping Angels, K-9s, Sontarans, TARDISes, Daleks, & Cybermen they are topped with!

TARDIS shaped Doctor Who chocolate mold from Lakeland (UK)

●  ●  ●  ●

As promised, here's a party post full of Whovian awesomeness:  Robot Squirrel & the Monkeys' Timey Wimey 6th Birthday! I am in love with this idea: a tablecloth Cassandra for the kids to moisturize with spray bottles of water, absolutely brilliant!



Isn't that the greatest thing! Those are some lucky little Monkeys!

4 comments:

  1. Love Bella's smile while looking at her cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the chocolate mold?

    Linda -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lakeland UK http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18035/Tardis-Chocolate-Mould

      Delete

I love a good comment! Well, any comment that's not mean, really. Or spam.